Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Plastic Bag Holder

Even though we use canvas and cotton bags whenever we can, we end up with a boatload of plastic bags from various food stores. This is not a horrible thing -- they are perfect for scooping out the cat litter, for one -- but storage can be a pain. Many years ago Beadmom gave me a canvas holder, the kind where I could shove the bags in at the top and pull one out of the bottom when I needed it, but I've long needed a second, and decided to make a pretty one for the kitchen.
I used this tutorial, although there are a ton of them out there. The fabric is from the Wizard of Oz collection I still have pieces of. I adjusted some of the measurements to compensate for the fewer bands of fabric I used, and I omitted the elastic at the top. (The bag also came out wider than I expected, and if I were to make it again I'd probably reduce the circumference, but no biggie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment