Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2021

I is an Icy White

 Remember my synesthete alphabet? I decided long ago I wanted to bead the letter I out of white beads, maybe crystals, but I wasn't sure what technique would be best. Enter Marcia DeCoster's "love letters," a perfect match for what I wanted. It uses cubic right angle weave which I had never done before, but it was easy to pick up (especially for such a small project); also easy was turning Marcia's L into an I:

As you can see, I made two Is; the first was with size 11 seed beads, but it was too small to fit the 2 x 3 inch size of my ATCs, so I made a second with size 8 beads. The background is peyote stitch using silver-lined beads from a long-ago Martha Stewart kit. I'm not sure how this will look after the beads tarnish with exposure to the air, but if it ends up looking terrible I can always reattach the I to a new backing.

What letter should I do next?

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, I love the way each letter is represented by the way it feels to you. Have you done the J yet? You could do next as I'd love to see what J means to you.

    ReplyDelete