Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2021

Experimenting with Freeform Peyote

 Back in October I picked up the Beadshop's Samson mix of seed beads; I'm a sucker for seed bead mixes, ever since college when I worked part time at a bead store that would create lots of fun, themed mixes. Most of the Beadshop's projects for the mixes are wrap bracelets, but I wanted to try something new so I went with their Mountain Mosaic bracelet, a freeform peyote bracelet stitched lengthwise. The results:


My version isn't as irregular as the designer's, because the Samson mix was all size 8 beads; a mix of different sizes would create a "wilder" look. But I'm pleased with it regardless; it's different from the bracelets I usually make.

I've been on a serious beading kick lately (that seems to happen every spring) (probably a reaction to all the cross stitching I do during the holidays). Next up is some cellini-ish donuts, and I'm almost finished with the letter I done in beads, part of my synesthete alphabet series.

1 comment: