Search This Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Spooky Skulls

 I've been more focused on stitching than beading lately, but I did pick up a couple of kits from Candie Cooper to make some seasonal jewelry.

A pendant:

This was super fun to make. The skull is quite heavy and needed a sizeable tassel, which I made from silk sari strips, copper chain, beads, and various copper charms, using the toggle part of a clasp to suspend it all under the skull. I love the colors in this kit -- fun but not so overtly Halloweenish that I can't wear it at other times.

Skull and key earrings:

These skulls have a more rustic look than my Day of the Dead earrings, which pairs nicely with the vintage-looking keys and bits of sparkle.

(The other pair of earrings were made with leftover beads from the pendant kit.)

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous jewellery. The mix of materials for the tassel look great together.

    ReplyDelete