Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2015

On the Second Day of Advent

I had to make another square for the Advent Calendar:
A bell!  And here I thought I had run out of Christmas symbols.  I backed the sparkly silver fabric with heavy interfacing to keep the edges from fraying, and to allow me to shape the bell a bit so the jingle bell could hang freely and make a little noise.

My current system with a secondary panel for those Advent days in November is working, but isn't ideal.  I'm now thinking I should just cut both panels apart, making actual pockets out of the squares, which I could then back with a little velcro and place on a new background.  This would allow me to arrange the squares as I want to suit every Advent season, regardless of when the first Sunday falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment