The construction of the pages is quite clever -- a large rectangle (I used my husband's old shirts) is folded in half to make two pages; once those were embellished, I sewed the rectangle right sides together to make the leaf, turned it out, top-stitched the opening, and inserted grommets. Binder rings attached to the inside spine of the cover go through the grommets, making for sturdy but easily-turned leaves.
It's been gloomy for weeks, so the colors in the pictures are all off.
|I replaced the football from the leaflet for this shoe, because we are a baseball family!|
|I replaced the "braid Rapunzel's hair" page with this|
|Another page I replaced; the original held crayons and paper|