Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Grinchmas!

The bundle of How the Grinch Stole Christmas fabrics I found last year was irresistible. This season I made two little quilts for the Beadboys, to replace the Halloween Monsters:

I was up until 11:15 on Christmas Eve sewing the bindings closed, so I could put the quilts up on their doors as a little Christmas surprise.

I also made two little ornaments for them:

These were super easy to make.  I just sewed a bit of the fabric onto felt, leaving a gap to very lightly stuff the ornaments.  For the square one I used back stitch, and added buttons to the corner.  For the round ornament I used a very large stem stitch, sliding on a size 8 delica bead onto each stitch.

There's lots of fabric left, including a panel with the cover of the book that I want to turn into a wall hanging for me.  I could also make a bunch more ornaments to serve as little gifts, because who doesn't love the Grinch?

No comments:

Post a Comment