Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Be Crewel

Har Har. I finished the next two letters:
B, done in stem stitch:
To finish the B I'm supposed to add three interior rows of stem stitch in the lighter red, but I like the way this looks so much, especially between the yellow and turquoise, that I'm leaving it this way for now.

C, done with threaded backstitch, backstitch, satin stitch, detached daisy stitch, straight stitch, and french knots:
I used just one strand of the wool when lacing the back stitch of the C, which gave it a, well, lacier look. I love this stitch, and I must use it more often. Satin stitch, on the other hand, is my mortal enemy, which is why the leaves don't look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment