Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Necklaces, Necklaces, Necklaces!

I've made several necklaces over the last couple of months, but I haven't had time to blog about them until now.

A charm necklace:

Michaels had an adorable set of alphabet charms, and I used my sons' initials for this. I interspersed them with colorful cane glass beads. But what to do with the other 23 letters ...

A silver necklace:

I cannibalized two old necklaces I never wore any more to make this one. I like it, and it has a nice weight, but I want to make another, plainer one using Hill Tribe silver; I'm just not sure if I have enough of those beads.

A vintage necklace:

I had two bracelets (one with three-strands) made with vintage plastic beads that fell apart. Since the bracelets were a little too chunky for me, I opted to mix the beads all up into a necklace. It's not really my style though, so I may sell it, if I get around to setting up a Ko-fi site (etsy has become increasingly seller-unfriendly).

A pretty necklace:

This took some time to come together; I had stacked the buttons together quite some time ago, but I didn't know what to do with them (using wire to make a pendant didn't work). Much later I bought some pendant trays, and the buttons seemed like a good fit for one of them; all that I needed to do to make the fit perfect was add a perimeter of teeny seed beads -- which took another two years to actually do. Then I finally came up with a strand, using the leftover "pearl" beads from a necklace that belonged to my grandmother.


2 comments:


  1. Hello. I am commenting for the first time.
    I'm Toki.


    Your work is colorful and nice. And creative and humorous.
    I look forward to your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely necklaces. Could you make some short words out of some of the left over letters?

    ReplyDelete