Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2021

A Christmas Quilt

 It's been a tough month, and I haven't made nearly as much as I wanted to. But I finished by scrappy Christmas quilt!

The intent was to use up the scraps and fat quarters of Christmas-themed fabrics I had accumulated. Unfortunately, I did have to buy a little yardage for the backing -- not enough larger bits to piece together -- but I was able to use even the smallest scraps for the binding.

Instead of quilting it, I listened to my mom and tied it with pearl cotton size 5.

I love it. So does my cat.



2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! All those Christmas scraps! I love it!
    I’ve just bought some Christmas fabric this week and I’d love to make a small Christmas quilt.
    Just wondering ..... how big are your squares? Are they 2 1/2”?
    I’ve only finished one quilt so far, and that was a lap quilt - I tied mine too, I think tieing looks cute!
    Congratulations on your beautiful finish.
    Merry Christmas!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete