Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2019

Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop

Welcome! Jo from Serendipitous Stitching is running her annual Easter blog hop. It's not actually Easter yet, although Lent ended yesterday; for these few days we are waiting for what comes. This was a challenging Lent for me this year, with a lot of suffering and penitence -- as I guess it should be -- and I'm looking forward to the Easter season and all things joyous and springy. And to start it off, I have not one but two finishes!

ignore the wrinkles
This is April from The Snowflower Diary's Joyful World series, with some thread changes to accommodate my stash. I'm not doing all twelve months, so I changed "April" to "Easter." This was also one of my nine cross stitch projects to finish this year, as part of Farm Girl's Stitch 9 Challenge, so: Yay! Finish number 2!

I was also itching to stitch some felt, so I made this egg:
The flowery fill is taken from Wendi Gratz's Continuous Stitching pattern, and I'm quite pleased with the result. Except for the shape of the egg; it doesn't matter how carefully I trace an egg shape, my stitched eggs end up lumpy and misshapen. Sigh.

But enough of my inexact stitching! You are here for a letter, and here it is:
Go to Little Stitches Art for the next letter.

Happy Easter, happy hunting, and happy stitching!

14 comments:

  1. I love The Snowflower Diary's designs and your felt egg looks great, thank you for the letter, happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in the Easter Blog Hop this year. I usually start it on Good Friday so people have the whole weekend to hop around!
    I like your adaptations to April and the lovely embroidered egg too. Egg shapes are difficult but your's looks fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The felt egg is lovely, I like the green color and all the stitched flowers. Very nice. Thank you for the letter. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made some lovely Easter items. Thanks for the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your variation of the Snowflower Diaries is so pretty, what a nice Easter stitch it makes! Have a Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stitched the whole of the Snowflower Diaries SAL as one long calendar and it looks lovely! Happy Easter. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping by on the blog hop. Thanks for the letter. Love the Easter piece and the adorable egg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Easter stitching and felt egg. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stitching on all your pieces! Thank you for the links ..... it was nice to see your other Easter displays too.
    Thank you for the letter.
    Happy Easter!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ideal stitched piece from the Snowflower Diaries and I love your pretty embroidered felt egg. thank you for the letter and must look at the link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you changed April to Easter, it's perfect! I think your egg looks great, great colous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your felt eggs looks gorgeous, as does the Easter piece! Thanks for the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Snowflower Diaries is a perfect hop piece, as is your little egg! Love all the little flowers on it. Thank you for the letter~ :D

    ReplyDelete