After dying the Easter eggs it seemed a waste to throw out the dye, so I searched pinterest for some ideas. Dying yarn looked intriguing, but there were too many steps and I had no white wool yarn, so that was out. Paper towels, on the other hand, I had. I dipped them in the dye and squeezed out the excess, and hung them to dry. The pretty stack:
patented random-lookalike technique:
I also finished the cross stitch bunnies from a couple of years ago by backing them with some sweet calico and gluing them onto a ribbon:
Finally, for Easter Sunday I made the New York Time's Clementine Cake, and it was delicious, especially with the chocolate glaze. I'd show you, but apparently I forgot to take a picture. The candied clementines, on the other hand, were not delicious -- they came out brown and burnt-tasting. I hate it when a recipe defeats me*, so the next time I try this I will not top them with the second baking sheet and/or lower the temperature to 200 degrees and/or watch them like a hawk.
*This is apparently an Easter tradition. Two Easters ago this lemon cake was a major fail, and last Easter (-ish, humor me) a pink lemonade cake I tried -- twice -- came out both burnt and under-cooked.**
**Actually, I now suspect that recipe was based on the evil lemon cake recipe from two years ago, which would explain the fail.