Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2018

Rainy Day Tote

I'm in kind of a blogging slump -- still working my way through a dense, 1,000-word novel, stitching various things that are no where close to finished -- but I did make a little tote for Beadboy3. His school asked us to send in a bag with crayons, coloring books, and paper for days when they can't go outside for recess, and I was reluctant to send in one of my canvas bags or buy a new one. Rooting through a tub of fabric, I found a slipcase my mother made for the mattress of the cradle my father made (crafting runs in the family!). The cheery print was perfect for kindergarten, so I cut off the excess fabric, top stitched on felt initials, and added handles made from grosgrain ribbon:
Beadboy3 was so taken with it, he was quite sad he had to leave it at school the first day. "Can I take it home the last day of school?"

1 comment:

  1. I'd be thrilled with it too, it looks great! So sweet that he's already thinking of it coming back home.

    ReplyDelete