Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Peacock Feathers and Thread Baubles

The Caravan Beads website has a free pattern for their Loopicity Brick Stitch Earrings, and inspired by the "blue velvet" colorway I decided to make mine look like peacock feathers:
Can't wait to wear them!

Before I found this pattern, I'd been trying to design my own using some large, sparkly teardrops from Blueberry Cove Beads, but I realized quickly they'd be too big and heavy to wear:

In fact, I've been working on making the perfect peacock feather earring for decades. Here's a pair I made in law school:
While I really like how I ended the fringe with tiny little loops mimicking the eyes on a peacock's tail, all those gold beads (and pale ones at that) meant I rarely wore these. Maybe I'll put new ear wires on them and list them in my etsy store.

I also whipped up some bohemian hoop earrings, using inexpensive thread-wrapped beads from Michael's:
Fun to wear, if not really autumnal. But then, summer always lingers annoyingly here.

2 comments:

  1. These are all lovely pieces! I especially love the "law school" peacock earrings, the colors and style are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete