Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Sari Tassel Beads

My latest creation:
inspired by the February box by Blueberry Cove Beads. 

I coveted that box the moment I saw it, but I couldn't justify the expenditure, especially since I already owned recycled sari strips:
little bells:
and glass beads from India:

Inspiration struck almost immediately.  I cut a few four inch (or so) lengths of the sari strips and used brass craft wire to tie them together, making a wire-wrapped loop at the top:
I folded the strips down and used more wire to wrap around the bundle, creating a tassel:
Then, using beading thread, I attached to the base four strands of small glass beads, ending each with a brass bell:
Love them. 
 When I shake my head, I hear the bells tinkle together!

For good measure, I made a second pair to sell through my etsy store:



No comments:

Post a Comment