Search This Blog

Thursday, June 27, 2013

"I Was Swimmin' in the Caribbean ..."

I had wanted to do an ATC for "Where Is My Mind?" by the Pixies for quite a while, but I couldn't get a handle on it.  Then I read that the song was based in part on some scuba diving the lead singer did, where little fish seemed to be chasing after him, and I had my inspiration.

I used different threads and ribbons for the seaweed and two little fishie charms, but I couldn't resist embroidering another fish.  For the scuba diver I broke the legs off a black plastic skeleton and tacked them on.  Black straight stitches make the fins, and I wrapped the legs (well, bones) with more floss to mimic a wetsuit.  Tiny little seed beads serve as air bubbles.

The rest of my Song Lyric Series is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment