Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Special Gift for a Special Teacher


Ms. Ree was Beadboy1's teacher for three years.  She's taught him to read and write, and put up with the interminable toilet-training and month-long colds and his obsession with Muppets.  So scented candles or pretty soaps wouldn't cut it.

I don't remember where I got the idea for this, but it was at least partly inspired by various handprint embroideries floating around the internet.  (Nor am I the only one to think of doing something like this for a teacher.)  I had Beadboy1 write out his little thank you note on paper.  I retraced in in sharpie, transferred it to the fabric, and embroidered in in backstitch.  I wrapped the outer hoop in purple ribbon, finished the back, and voila! 

Ms. Ree loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment