Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

Time to Make the Ornaments

I spent most of Wednesday sewing rather than cooking (not a complete dereliction of duty, given that I had Tuesday unexpectedly off from work). The results:

The first two are from the BH&G 2011 Holiday Crafts. I changed the embroidery slightly on the two: star stitch (or couched cross stitch) for the snowflakes rather than a five-pointed eyelet, french knots for the eyes of the snowman, and turkey work stitch for the pompom on his hat, rather than a tiny circle that was too fiddly to machine applique. They will be given to Beadaunt1 and Beadmom. The bottom one is for me, and was heavily inspired (if I can even call it that) by the first two.

I also made a garland for my mantle, but that is awaiting a few buttons.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! These are so pretty and SO tiny! wow. Next year, I shall have a stitcher's tree. ; ) I've seen bead wrapped wooden spools too. mmmm!!! : )

    ~Monika
    sewing in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Monika! And bead-wrapped spools? That sounds awesome. Where did you see that?

    ReplyDelete