Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Apple Harvest

I finally broke down and bought an apple peeler, and it is wicked awesome. I'm generally not interested in gadgets or unitaskers and I don't have much storage space, but the apple peeler is so fast I don't know how I got along without it.

With the peeler's help, I've worked my way through the pounds and pounds of apples we picked in October.

Apple Sauce (lots and lots of it):

Apple Butter:

Apple Pie, to be frozen now and baked later:

Apple Crisp (a great breakfast):

(For all recipes except the apple butter, I cut the sugar in half -- I don't like my fruit desserts to be too sweet, and it's healthier this way.)

The apple skin left from the peeler looks so neat, I kind of want to find a use for it:

2 comments:

  1. Oooo! Love all of the apple creativity. Apple pie and apple butter... what more could one want??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trick is to save some for the winter and spring months, rather than eating all this appley goodness now!

    ReplyDelete