Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sparkly!

This necklace is from a pattern dating back to the Spring 2005 issue of Stringing; I kept waiting for a time when I could justify buying all those Swarovski crystals. Instead of teardrops, which are obscenely expensive, I used rondelles, which are only very expensive. And I substituted in three larger ones I had left over from another project, rather than buying another package of the smaller ones with more than I needed. Generally I change colors a lot when I follow a beading pattern, but in this case I loved the toasty colors with the silver.

2 comments:

  1. That is a really beautiful necklace! The ability to choose alternate materials to save money on a project is important...flexibility helps, doesn't it?

    And I agree...the colors are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete