Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2022

3 More Days ...

 It's time for Jo's annual Advent Blog Hop! I always enjoy participating, and seeing what stitchy goodness others have been up to.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten much done this year. I've been cross-stitching my fingers off trying to finish this design for my video game-loving son, and of course I had to make it harder on myself by changing up a bunch of the motifs to match the games he plays (at least I had the sense to stitch it on white, rather than black fabric). I promise to show it off when it's done, though!

I also stitched the infamous Peeking Jesus for my brother, a Benedictine priest:

The only Christmas-themed stitching I've done is a cute advent calendar by Wandering Threads, given to me by a friend. I'm pretty far behind, though, because of the aforementioned cross stitching:

It's a fun design, though.

Jo has asked us to answer what we have for "afters" -- dessert. For us, it's Christmas cookies! The days of my baking dozens in a marathon session a few days before Christmas are long gone. Instead, every weekend of Advent I try to bake at least one batch of something, and stick them in the freezer until Christmas eve. Then I lay them on the sideboard in our dining room, and watch them disappear over a few days. If I have the wherewithal, I will also give some to our neighbors and mail some to a friend or two.

This year's selections: sparkly gingerbread, coquito lace cookies, stamped brown sugar shortbread, crushed peppermint-chocolate cookies, and if I have the time, chocolate-dipped triple coconut macaroons

I hope all of you have a sweet Christmas filled with peace and joy!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. Love your piece for your brother and the embroidered Advent too. That Santa Hat is amazing!
    The cookies sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern, sure your brother will love it! Never easy to stitch a portrait, well done. The calendar is cute, I love the tiny garland of beads. Cookies are on every table this year! Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww the peeking Jesus is really cool!! The perfect present for your brother! I adore your advent calendar...and your stitching is lovely! It's been a while since I've done embroidery like that...you've inspired me! What a great idea to break the baking up and doing it on weekends. I may have to try that next year! Cookies are always a great choice for "afters". Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a test batch of peanut butter cookies, they turned out great and were eaten superfast. Today I made the official "for "Christmas" batch and not so good..ah well. I do like the gift for your brother and know someone that would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun stitch! I might just have to stitch that for our son who's a youth minister.
    Plenty of time to finish your advent for next Christmas, it's very cute.
    Your selections sound delicious, I hope you got to make them all.
    I hope you have a very Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE your peeking Jesus!
    Christmas cookies seem to be a favourite for many of us.

    ReplyDelete