Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Weaving Around

 Years ago I started this project, and set it aside for who knows what reason. I found it again while rooting around for something, and I was determined to finish it -- both to cross something off my list, and because I had the perfect spot for it on the wall.

It's a simple project: wrap an old cd or dvd with warp threads through the center (an uneven number), then weave over and under them on the non-label side of the disc, changing yarns as you see fit. It's a great project for leftover yarn and threads, and has a lovely texture:


The instructions (this was a project by Kristin Cleveland from an old magazine) called for attaching the cds to each other by connecting warp threads with pearl cotton, but that was too floppy to hang on a wall, so I glued popsicle sticks to the backs (you can see a bit of one in the bottom picture; I guess I wasn't careful enough butting the edges together).

I enjoyed the weaving quite a bit, especially mixing different textures and thicknesses together, but I really really really can't add another craft to my repertoire, so that's it for weaving. For now.

1 comment: