Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2020

One Last Fall Craft

 I love the look of flint corn, aka calico corn, aka indian corn (not a great name). I keep a bundle of three cobs up all fall, I nestle mini cobs in a bowl with pine cones, dried oranges and pomegranates, and cinnamon stick. I even tried my hand at beading a tiny one. So of course I inevitably wanted a neckace.

Rather than soaking the kernels until I could pierce them with a needle (something I heard was hard on the fingers), I drilled each one -- tedious but effective.  


The resulting strand (minus some I turned into a stretchy bracelet for my youngest, and the ones that broke) is quite long, long enough to wrap three times around my neck. I'm contemplating interspersing copper charms throughout the strand.

No comments:

Post a Comment