Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Instastitch Done


This was a fun project. I've long admired Sue Spargo's work, and I was glad to try my hand at it (there's my cat project, too, but I've made little progress with it.) I also learned a bunch of techniques and stitch combinations I can use in the future.

To finish it I backed it with some batting and quilting cotton and quilted it by hand with size 5 perle cotton (the better to pretend my quilting stitches are uneven on purpose), then bound it with more fabric. It's now on my bedroom wall, where I've taken to displaying those projects that are personal to me and/or don't really go anywhere else.

I think Spargo will be removing the stitch diagrams from Instagram to publish it all as a book, which is too bad (albeit entirely understandable) because I only did 42 of the circles. On the other hand, I was unlikely to ever get to the other 48.

1 comment:

  1. This looks fabulous, they look like a box of sweets!
    You could always save the diagrams before they disappear. Just in case you want to stitch the rest another time.

    ReplyDelete