Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2020

New Year, New Projects

I'm generally not one who marks the New Year, but for some reason I'm feeling all energized and organized and excited about my crafty projects for the year.

My long-neglected Tree of Stitches:

Keeping it in the cart by my chair should inspire me to pick it up more often than I have; and once I do, it really doesn't take long to do a section of specialty stitches.

Pintangle's annual TAST:

I wasn't kidding when I said I loved making inchies. I'm stitching roughly an inch square for each week. Once done, I'll back them with interface and cut them out, and make some sort of collage.

Monet's flowers:

The pattern calls for four flowers at the ends of a lariat but lariats aren't my thing. Do I make (very large, possibly heavy) earrings, or a shorter necklace (haven't figured out the clasp)?

A cellini rick rack star:

I don't have the called-for experience with rick rack beadweaving patterns, but I think I'll do ok.

Beadboy3's quilt:


This will be a sampler of his interests -- trains, Legos, Spider-man, cats, crayons, and Minecraft.

Flowers of the Month design from Just Cross Stitch:

I know I said I'd cut down on cross stitch for the year, but I adore the colors. I don't have enough fabric to make each design separately, so I will stitch it as one large grid, 4 by 3.

This should keep me busy for a while ...

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, I have a couple of projects I feel obsessed about!
    I had to put the Tree of Stitches in time out after I had a bad experience with the designer. But it was still a gorgeous project and I did complete it in the end.
    The Quilt is going to look great, Minecraft really lends itself to quilts as it's so blocky!

    ReplyDelete