Search This Blog

Sunday, January 12, 2020

A Flurry of Snowflakes

To finish off the Christmas season.

These are the brick-stitch snowflakes designed by Miyuki for Fusion Beads:

The two on the right I stitched last year, the two on the left this year. There's one more pattern from the Miyuki set, which I turned into holly leaves and berries, and another designed by Fusion Beads for this year, which isn't finished yet but which I'm hoping will look like pine branches and pinecones.

Bead & Button's December issue had a memory wire bracelet with snowflake dangles. I made just the dangles, and turned them into earrings:

Finally, I put some vintage mercury glass beads on a snowflake form:

A couple of the beads are already starting to crack -- they are so fragile! -- so I don't know how long this snowflake will last.

Maybe I'll crochet some snowflakes, too; it's still winter, after all.

2 comments: