Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2019

Summer Book Club QAL

Kate Basti of Quilt with Kate ran a QAL the first half of the summer, centered around her adorable Tall Tales block. I don't like foundation paper piecing at all, but I couldn't resist. And despite being so sick all summer, I did manage to spend a couple of weekends participating -- probably because I only made a wall-hanging for my door (a door-hanging?) rather than the full-sized quilts others made.

I used some Anna Maria Horner scraps for the book covers, solids for the bindings, and a handy text fabric for the pages. Because the rest of my fabric was in storage, I used plain muslin for the background. Which was way too boring:

Brightly-colored frames made it better:

To add texture to the background (and get in some much-needed practice) I forced myself to free-motion quilt the muslin. No close-ups, though, because I'm still no good at machine quilting. Or basting.

My cat, "helping" with the binding:

Again, I don't enjoy paper-piecing, but this block came together so quickly and easily I'm tempted to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment