Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2019

Back in the Land of the Living

So it turns out, getting the flu and pneumonia in summer is terrible. I was really sick for a long time (still sucking on cough drops constantly), unable to do much of anything. I did manage to do a decent amount of cross stitch, since it's the least taxing of my hobbies. I even finished Satsuma Street's Sagittarius pattern:
I'm not at all into astrology, but I couldn't resist the colors and stylized design.

Before I got sick I made some beaded beads, which I strung on knotted purple yarn:
The pattern is Cath Thomas's Bolas, from her Cellini Peyote Freaks facebook group (join it! Lots of great tutorials, patterns, and inspiration). She was running a challenge to make something inspired by a piece of clothing. I didn't have a large palette of size 6 and 8 beads to work with, but the colors I ended up with worked nicely with a scarf I should wear more often.

Before I got sick I was also working on the Summer Book Club QAL, using Kate Basti's Tall Tales pattern (my love of all things bookish overcame my hatred of foundation paper-piecing). I'm almost done with the wall-hanging I made, and I'm super excited about it. Pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment