Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Three of Hearts

I planned to make only one heart this year (I have a lot going on), but it quickly turned into three.
The crochet heart was a free pattern from Fresh Stitches, and perfect for the small skein of pink yarn I had.

The mixed media heart is from the latest issue of Quilting Arts. I layered different yarns and scraps on a fabric heart, covered it with netting, and secured it with machine stitching. I then beaded and embroidered the top, sewed on a backing heart, and stuffed it.

The last heart is made of beaded filet stitch from The New Beadweaving by Ann Benson. I'm glad I tried this new stitch (based on filet crochet), but it was pain to work with.

May this next year be filled with more love for our fellow man.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, these are fab! The beaded filet is very interesting, i haven't seen that before

    ReplyDelete