Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween Blog Hop

 Happy Halloween, and welcome to the next stop on Jo's bloghop! My letter is:

I didn't get as much stitching done as I'd like -- a busier-than-usual fall, post-season baseball (woohoo, Red Sox won!), the Minecraft quilt, and some commissioned bracelets kept me from picking up the needle.  But I made some progress on "Millicent Finds a Mask" (Just Cross Stitch's 2013 Halloween issue):

And "13 Days of Halloween" (Just Cross Stitch's 2017 Halloween issue):

I also have a couple of finishes. I framed my sampler from the Stitchy Box Halloween box:

This design, "Fall Pumpkins Fob," I sewed up on the machine and then covered the seam with Palestrina stitch, one of my favorites.

I also added some beaded trim around my much-altered skull stitch, although I'm not thrilled with how it came out:

On to the next stop: Beth's Needlework Stash! I look forward to seeing what you all have been working on.

16 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all of your Halloween stitching. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty stitching. Thanks for the letter. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching! Thanks for the letter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm haunting my way through collecting letters. Love your Halloween themed stitching. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice stitching, thanks for the letter. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in the Trick or Treat Blog Hop this year.
    I remember the letters you stitched! That was a great series.
    The 13 Days is on my stitch list too.
    Love the finished pieces. The beaded edging looks fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finishes and I like how the beads turned out on the skull.
    I had to look up what the 13 Days looks like, what a fun stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool Halloween stitching. Thanks for the letter xox Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the letter.AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your little tin design! 13 Days looks like a fun stitch, full of bright colors. Thank you for the letter and hope you had a Happy Halloween~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your stitching, so fun and the letter too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great Halloween stitching from you - and I did check out your Minecraft Quilt. How cool is that! Thank you for the letter.

    ReplyDelete