Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

It's a Marshmallow World in the Winter ...

So it turns out, there aren't any Christmas songs with the word "gingerbread" in them. But the "icing" on this gingerbread woman is sweet, if I do say so myself:
This was originally a Victoria Sampler pattern, "Gingerbread Cookies," but if you go to that link you'll see I made a lot of changes -- I got rid of the Santa hat and omitted the buttons and beaded necklace, instead filling in her dress with a blackwork pattern accented with the necklace "pearls." I did use two of the white buttons for eyes, and added a few white seed beads for the mouth. She's backed with a brown batik fabric and lightly stuffed. The picture is not great, but I'm really pleased with it.

4 comments:

  1. She's cute! I love her dress, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great gingerbread person!
    My son is really keen on the story and has been playing the song on YouTube all week. Then we have to chase him while he pretends to be the gingerbread man!

    ReplyDelete