Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Beaded Beads III

These beads are all from a pattern by Sylvia Becker, from the Winter 1998 issue of Beadwork:
The pattern is an odd one, using odd-count tubular peyote but with distinct rows rather than a spiral.  I found it hard to keep track of the rows and the extra beads to complete them offended my sense of symmetry, so after the first two I modified the pattern to make it even-count.  In either case I ended up with a slightly squashy, blobby bead with a sturdy core.

These beads were begging to be strung into a simple necklace, so I obliged with some hemp cord.  I experimented with different spacers:
but I didn't like any of them, so I tried knots instead:
Much better.

Odd is better than even, so I omitted one of the pink beads.

I finished it by just tying the cord ends to a clasp and jump ring; that way I can add more beads if I make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment