Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

A Couple of Royal Ornaments

To add to my Magi collection.  This is from 2009's Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments, by The Cat's Whiskers Design Studio.  I used cotton floss instead of wool, changed the colors a bit, and added crystals to the crowns rather than Algerian eye stitches.

This is my own design, so to speak:
I wanted a stitchy representation of one of my favorite poems.  The crown charm is tied to the hoop because I haven't decided if I want to keep it on.

I also made an authentic King Cake for the day, Northern French variety.  I neglected to take a picture, but you can find the recipe here (the chocolate version), and boy was it good.  And easy.  I even put in a little French feve, of the baby Jesus, in the center.  It turns out the antique French mini-creche set I bought years and years ago is actually a set of feves for Epiphany cakes.  Kismet!


No comments:

Post a Comment