Search This Blog

Monday, November 13, 2023

Leaf Earrings, or Maybe a Bracelet

 Having impulsively purchased a bunch of fall-hued Czech glass leaves, I realized they would make a great pair of earrings, especially if I allowed them to dangle from lengths of chain:

But the resulting pair was way too heavy to wear for more than a few minutes. I thought about replacing a few of the glass leaves with acrylic ones, but that might also be too heavy. Instead I reconnected the two lengths of chain and added a bit more, to make a bracelet:

This had the advantage of needing even more leaves, too! Now I just need to get a copper clasp.

1 comment:

  1. There are wonderful earrings and bracelets that express autumn. The weight of the earrings is definitely important.
    I am currently trying out stitching for the first time, but I am originally a beader. However, due to various circumstances, there was a gap or 12 years.
    Therefore, you can no longer use pliers to bend pins, etc. I'm currently undergoing rehabilitation to remember my skills. Next year I also plan to post works using beads on my blog.
    By the way, do your hands and neck hurt when you use pliers?

    ReplyDelete