Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2022

Trick or Treat Blog Hop

 Happy Halloween to those of you coming from Jo's blog! Your letter is:

Happy Halloween font cut out pumpkin letter P Stock Vector | Adobe Stock


It's been kind of a terrible year, so I have gotten very little stitching done. I decided to focus on an old pattern I started decades ago (while I was in law school, I think) but never finished -- Liz Turner Diehl's Cider House Garden. I didn't manage to finish it this year, either, but I made good progress, stitching the house, one of the maple trees, and six of the apple trees:

 
I think I might finally be able to finish it next year.

I also started Wild Violet's primitive tarot set, but didn't get very far:

I dyed the aida myself, using black tea with a little baking soda to (I hope) cut down the acidity.

On to the next blog: http://guavagems.blogspot.com/  Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. Your Cider House project is lovely. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo I am impressed with your tea-dye. Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cider House looks great, nice fabric dying too.Thank you for the letter, Happy Halloween 🎃

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is going to be lovely when you finish, you're so close!
    The tea dye looks great, did you bake it afterwards?
    Have a bootiful Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the letter. Very nice progress on the Cider House, lovely pattern. Best wishes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in the Halloween Blog Hop this year. Sorry I can only comment here if I use my laptop, not my iPad hence the late comment.
    I do like the Cider House design, I've never seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the letter, and good luck finishing your older WIP!

    ReplyDelete