Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2022

Cotton Quartet

 For the last few months I've been working on a delightful project by Mary Corbet:


 The outside of the sewing case is a sampler band of lots of different stitches; the inside has a bit of chicken scratch (something I haven't done in years, and I definitely want to do more) and the edge is my favorite, Palestrina knots, with beads.

Most of the stitches I was familiar with, but I'm a sucker for samplers and variety. It was also an excuse to try some new threads, cotton floche and coton a broder, in addition to floss and pearl cotton.

Corbet's directions were excellent, especially when it came to putting the case together, all stitched by hand. My instinct is to use a sewing machine, but for something like this, involving counted threadwork, hand stitching can be much more precise. I have to remember this when I finish off cross stitch ornaments.

I sure don't need yet another needle/sewing case, but how could I resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment