Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2022

Blackwork Hexagons

 The Facebook group Snarky & Modern Embroidery and Cross Stitch is hosting a blackwork stitch-along in conjunction with blackwork experts The Steady Thread. I've always wanted to do a sampler, so this was perfect.

Behold, the first seven hexagons:

The SAL is 49 weeks long, but I won't be doing all 49 hexies -- I'm already behind by several weeks, and my fabric isn't big enough. Instead I'll see how many I can do before I run out of space.

That fabric, by the way, is a basic cotton evenweave, and I hate it -- stiff, unravelly, and too easy to stain. But this will use up the last of it! You can't tell from the picture (I've yet to take one with perfect lighting), but the thread is a variegated Waterlilies from the Caron Collection, in very deep purples and teals. 

Behold, a big old error in hexie no. 8!

 I think I'll keep it. It's kind of fun,  testing others to see if they can see it. Can you? 😛


1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy a bit of blackwork and this is a lovely design. I can see you've put two extra diamonds in the centres where there should be giant X. It probably won't show so much when you've completed the whole design!

    ReplyDelete