Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Third Quilt

 I promised son no. 3 I'd make his quilt last year ... and we all know what happened. But maybe I can make it this year! Especially now that my machine has been serviced and cleaned and is humming along nicely.

The goal is 20 12-inch blocks to make a twin-sized quilt, with blocks about Legos, trains, superheroes, Minecraft, and whatever else he likes. I almost immediately faced a complication, though -- Barbara Cherniwchan's "Next Stop North Pole" quilt pattern, with train cars I knew J would love but which varied quite a bit in size. After much math, I figured out that one engine + one train car + one caboose would be the same width as four 12-inch blocks with sashing, so now I have the bottom row all set:

On a roll, I next made four Lego blocks. Shockingly, it was hard to find Lego-themed patterns anywhere (perhaps the Lego company is overly aggressive protecting its trademarks?), such that I ended up drafting them myself. 

I think that's a good start, and I think I will focus on finishing up little projects here and there before starting my fall stitching. 

2 comments:

  1. Great work. Those Lego blocks are wonderful. We are currently watching Australia Lego Masters, it's incredible what they are making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Lego head especially!

    ReplyDelete