Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Strawberry Season!

 Mary Corbett ran a series in late spring, "Five Ways to Stitch Strawberries." I could not resist:

I learned a couple new stitches! The top/biggest strawberry is battlement couching and gives a neat effect, even when one's stitches aren't perfectly gridded (ahem). The third strawberry down is burden stitch, and it's pretty straightforward and quick to do. I also learned some techniques for satin stitching that gave it a neater finish; in the past I avoided stitching the outline of the shape first and stitching two or three layers of satin stitch, but it really is worth it. I still hate long and short stitch, though, and I did not enjoy stitching that big leaf.

Oh look ... I forgot to stitch one stem segment ... sigh.

I need to find a suitable frame now. And maybe send it to my aunt, who loves strawberries.

More strawberries! I made a strawberry-rhubarb pie.

And strawberry shortcake with lemon curd

Maybe I should bead some strawberry earrings, to complete the DIY trifecta.

1 comment:

  1. That strawberry design is so much fun and a great way to learn new stitches too.
    The cookery looks delicious and I vote for strawberry earrings and maybe a padded strawberry pincushion too!

    ReplyDelete