Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2019

A Quilt for a Dear Friend's Baby

After many struggles, my friend had a baby boy this summer. I am thrilled for her and her family, and excited to make something for her son.
The fabric is "Curious Dream" by Angela Pingel for Windham Fabrics, an Alice in Wonderland-themed set that I absolutely adore, along with some of the grey fabric left over from the Minecraft quilt. The pattern is Diary of a Quilter's Easy Lone Star Crib Quilt, which true to the name was super easy. I am steadily improving my quilt basting, and this one has only a couple of tucks on the back 🙄. Using spray-on basting glue seems to be the best method for me. For the quilting I did a simple 3-inch grid, and I'm pleased with the results.

I loved the fabric so much I used some of the scraps to make a log cabin for myself:
For the binding, in an attempt to be frugal, I used some strips I had cut for the baby quilt but didn't use. I may redo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment