Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Granny Square Fingerless Mitts

Now that I've joined the ranks of the smart-phone using, I needed gloves that are touch-screen compatible. Which means I also needed fingerless mittens/gloves/what-have-yous to keep my hands warm on my cold commute. I looked at some patterns on pinterest, but they seemed beyond my abilities, especially the ones that make actual little tubes for one's digits. Granny squares, on the other hand, I can do, and Annie's A Granny Square Christmas had the perfect pattern:


The pattern may have been super easy (make two squares, so them together leaving a gap for the thumb, crochet a few more rows above and below), but it took me forever to pick out the yarn -- at least three colors, worsted weight, same material, preferably from my stash. I didn't succeed, and used yarn of two different weights in three different fibers (don't tell the Crochet Police! Or my aunt, the self-described "yarn snob"!)

I love granny squares. I'm itching to sew together these into a pillow top, and I want to buy some nice cotton yarn in, say, five colors, to make a sampler, but I'll wait until the new year; I'm way behind in my Christmas projects.

2 comments:

  1. These are cute! I got a lovely pair of fingerless mittens for work from a local crafter.

    ReplyDelete