Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2024

Spring!

 Cherry blossoms are beautiful and I wanted to make a little hoop of them:

I free-styled a branch with snippets of brown wool felt, then cut little flowers out of pale and very pale pink wool-blend felt and stitched them down with dark pink stitches. As soon as I find a wooden 5-inch hoop I will rehoop it, and maybe iron the cotton fabric, haha.

I work on this little hoop every spring, choosing a couple of the blooming trees and bushes in my neighborhood to represent:

Most recently I stitched the cherry blossoms and large yellow flowers at the bottom, above the pink knots. 

I'm lucky to live in such a pretty neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very cute cherry blossom.
    I love how the branches are expressed using felt freely.
    Various flower hoops are also nice.
    The cherry blossoms in the area where I live are past their peak and the new buds are beautiful. However, there are days when the temperature has already reached mid-summer, and I'm worried about how it will get this summer.😰

    ReplyDelete