Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2019

Lots of Loomwork

I've been on a beading kick lately, so at the start of the long weekend I took out my beadloom for two beadweaving projects I had been meaning to do for a while.
The loom was made by my father decades ago, when the only looms available were cheap little ones; the specifications were in a beading magazine and intended to provide a large working space. That length came in handy when making the wrap bracelet, but there was a large enough section of warp threads after making the second project (earrings) that I added a third.

The wrap bracelet in question, from Bead and Button's August 2018 issue (by Jane Danley Cruz):
Secret Heart

The earrings were from a Beadaholique kit:
A baroque crystal was supposed to dangle from each one, but the kit I received came with only one. I did eventually get the second crystal from them, but that's when I realized the color of the first was wrong, and the correct color is no longer available. So for now I added two jet drops from my stash. Beadaholique has some great kits and patterns, but every order I've made has had at least one error.

Since I wanted to make as much use as possible of the warp threads, I improvised a loomwork pattern based on a project in The New Beadweaving by Ann Benson, which itself is based on kilim rugs:
I will make this into a pendant at some point. If I can find a metal bezel that fits it that would be perfect, but if not I can back it with felt.

Back into the storage the loom goes, until the next weaving kick!

1 comment:

  1. Love your beading. It has bee such a long time since I tried beading on a loom.

    ReplyDelete